Slow Cooker Barbeque Pulled Goose Sandwich
Pulled pork sandwiches are hard to beat and I’m guessing most of your guests
wouldn’t even realize you made this recipe with goose if you didn’t tell them.
- 2 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic minced
1 medium onion thinly sliced
Breasts from 3 or 4 geese (6 to 8 halves)
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups chicken broth (approximately)
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ cup molasses (optional)
¾ cup barbecue sauce
Melt butter then add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes
- Remove from pan, add breasts and
lightly brown on both sides.
- Place all in slow cooker, add
Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder and chicken broth to cover.
- Cook on high 6-8 hours until meat is
- Remove breast from slow cooker, place
on a cutting board, and shred breasts by pulling them apart with two
- You will need to remove liquid from
the slow cooker, retaining ¾ cup to pour back onto shredded meat.
- Put shredded meat back in slow cooker
and add barbecue sauce and if you want a thicker, richer sauce add molasses.
- Stir completely and leave in cooker
to stay warm.
- Serve on a fresh bun with coleslaw or