Jalapeno Duck or Goose Poppers
April 13, 2022
In the oven or on the grill, these
jalapeno poppers come out hot, hot, hot!
For the Marinade
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Hi-Mountain Garlic Pepper rub (or
substitute ½ tsp each garlic powder and black pepper and add a pinch of
½ can of beer or pop
For the Poppers
- 8 duck or goose breasts
1 package (375 g) bacon (thin cut works
better than thick cut)
6 jalapeno peppers
½ cup cream cheese
- Slice goose breast lengthwise into ½-inch
wide strips (3-4 strips per breast).
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a
Ziploc bag or plastic container. Marinate duck breasts for 20 to 30 minutes
just before assembling the poppers.
- Slice jalapeños in half lengthwise and
remove the seeds and core (you may want to use gloves as the seeds can cause
- Spread cream cheese in each pepper
until they are about 2/3 full.
- Place duck strip on top of cream
- Wrap each popper with a slice of bacon
and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill directly on the BBQ or in a foil
pan for 2 minutes on each of the four sides until the pepper softens, the bacon
is crisp and the goose is medium-rare to medium.
- Oven method – place poppers in an
oven-safe dish and broil on high for 4-5 minutes until bacon is browned. Turn
over once, and broil an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Turn oven off and let rest for a
minute. Serve hot.