Duck skewers doused in a lime gin
marinade and grilled hot on the barbeque are the hunter’s take on a martini.
Cheers to easy, simple and delicious!
- 6-12 wooden or reusable metal skewers
8 boneless, skinless duck breasts
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup gin
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
½ cup olive oil
½ tsp sesame oil
zest of one lime
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut duck breasts into strips the length
of your thumb, and thread the cubes of meat onto your skewers. Lay prepared
skewers in a single layer in a shallow dish or baking pan.
- To make the marinade, whisk together
the lime juice, lime zest, gin, shallots, garlic, and cumin. Add salt and
pepper to taste. Slowly add both oils, whisking rapidly until completely
- Pour the marinade over the duck skewers
and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat barbeque to medium heat. Once
it’s hot, grill the duck skewers 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve hot and
- Tip: If you’re using wooden skewers, be
sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading your duck
meat. This prevents the skewers from burning during cooking.